Please reach out to Jessie Purcel for inquires or to apply for the position posted below.
Thriving Families offers programs that support women, children, and their families during pregnancy and just after a baby is born – a critical period of development for children’s futures. Before providing these services, we start with removing barriers such as childcare and transportation while in-person and offer other resources like tablets to mothers who are receiving services virtually. Thriving Families is hiring a Childcare Specialist that can assist us in making these resources more accessible to our participants by providing high quality childcare.
The Childcare Specialist will provide drop-in childcare for multiple ages: infant-12 years old for families attending services at Thriving Families and the Rose Andom Center. The Specialist will be integrated into all programs offered at Thriving Families and will provide high-quality, trauma-informed care for families attending case management, workshops, and therapy appointments at the Thriving Families office, located near downtown Denver. Full benefits package available.
· Maintain a safe and calm environment for participants and parents
· Create and maintain activities for children
· Communicate any issues or concerns to parents at pick up
· Respond to participant questions and comments
· Provide excellent customer service
· Maintain a general knowledge of working with youth ages newborn - 12 years
· Clean equipment and toys
· Additional duties as assigned
· Maintain paperwork and records
· High School diploma or GED
· Experience working with children ages infant - 12 years
· Current or previous CPR/AED/First Aid certification
· Moderate lifting (children, toys, etc.), up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from participants
· Problem solving
· Time management
· Customer service oriented
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Please send a cover letter and resume to JessicaPurcel@thrivingfamiliescolorado.org by December 22, 2023.
Full-time preferred, part-time optional. Employer based childcare not available at this time.
$38,050 - $42,000